Friday, September 17, 2010

Home sweet home

I'm 37,000 feetbover Albuquerque, New Mexico as I write this (yes, I splurged on in-air Wi-Fi...I am not getting home for about 9 hours!). What a wonderful, exhausting, enlightening two weeks it's been since I left Portland two weeks ago. I understand fall has arrived at home, which seems fitting, as I prepare to shed my old habits and fears like so many autumn leaves swirling to the ground. My Biggest Loser experience seems, in some ways, like it happened months--rather than days--ago, though I am anxious to go home and put the lessons I learned at Fitness Ridge to work in my everyday life. I wasn't completely reckless this past week but I cant say I was counting calories too closely either (sorry, but I was not going to pads up my first chance to have authentic Mexican food while in Arizona! Totally worth the splurge).

I think the trick for me, to achieve lasting change, will be finding balance. Paying attention to what and how much I eat without becoming fanatical. Making exercise priority, not an obsession. Taking time to relax, recharge, and rejuvenate on a regular basis.

I appreciate everyone who's come along on this journey with me in spirit. I have felt your thoughts, prayers and cheers every step of the way, and knowing you will continue to be there to support me makes all the difference.

Cheers from high above Texas! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment