Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

Ever since I arrived at the Biggest Loser Resort I've been warned about "Terrible Tuesday." Monday is hard, but you run on adrenaline and somehow manage to think you had a good time. Tuesday hurts. Bad. You are reeling from muscles screaming in pain, even as you hurl yourself out of bed at 5:30 am to go to your mandatory 6 AM workout class...and 6 more hours of workouts after that.

So, I was feeling pretty smug when I woke up this morning in NO pain (thanks to my friend ibuprofen or, as the trainers here call it, "Vitamin I"). Feeling even better about myself when I was at the front of my hike group for most of the 8 am hike. No Terrible Tuesday for this gal...Tuesday is terrific!

And then, it started to go downhill. After 2 hours of hiking, a cardio class in the pool (did you know you can sweat in a pool?!), lunch, I met my match in Cardio Intervals...basically, 45 minutes of hell on the machine of your choice (this is like asking me if I want to be shot, stabbed or poisoned). That class was amazing, but it broke me. I felt completely spent, depleted, exhausted. But, lucky me, I had two more classes after that, neither of which was anwalk in the park. I wanted to curl up in a ball and die for about 15 minutes...we're only eating 1200 calories a day, but I can tell you that if I was not required to attend a lecture afterward, I would have skipped dinner and gone straight to bed. Yep, it's called Terriblr Tuesday for a very good reason!

And yet, I love it..even the feeling of working so hard throwing up would be a welcome relief. I love pushing my body way past what I imagined it was capable of, and I love the feeling I get when the workout is over. It's such a gift to be here, even for a week. I know My life will be forever changed after this experience.

And hey--tomorrow is Wonderful Wednesday (wonderful because I have a massage scheduled at the end of the day!)

Thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments. I feel so lucky to have such a big groupnof cheerleaders rooting for me!

2 comments:

  1. wow... Jen, you're amazing. Good for you getting through today and looking forward to tomorrow. You're attitude is contagious!

    Does it mean I'm a bit nuts to say how jealous I am and that I wish I could get my butt kicked for a week!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to talk to you last night Goob! Your post was great and made me laugh...not AT you..just laugh...

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday and a Terrific Thursday and a Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete