Thursday, January 7, 2010

Keep moving!

I have to admit, I figured that a few of the items on my Forty for 40 list would be, relatively speaking, easy to accomplish, which is why (in the spirit of personal challenge) I listed them as daily events. Specifically, "exercising 40 minutes every day" and "meditating 40 minutes every day". How hard could that be?

Apparently, harder than I thought..especially the meditation. Turns out, it's hard to sit still for 40 minutes and be alone with your thoughts (especially if your objective is to clear your mind!) I'm trying...but even 20 minutes is hard to do without getting twitchy (or falling asleep on the couch!)

40 minutes of exercise is, by comparison, easy, aside from days like today when I overslept my alarm and was never able to escape my office long enough to get in a decent workout at the Y (I consider it a small victory that I DID bring my gym bag to work...I wanted to go, honest!) So...now it's almost 6:30 and I'm the last straggler out of the office. Making myself work out at home will be tough as my comfy couch, my purring kitties, and my DVRd shows await (yes, I'm a closet "General Hospital" addict...so sue me :)

What will keep me off the couch--for at least 40 minutes--is the way I feel after this first week of really eating well, focusing on my physical and mental health, and being focused on my longer term goals. That, and knowing you guys are out there following along!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If meditation, eating right & exercise everyday was easy - everyone would do it! Keep at it Jen! :)

    BTW...why do we all have words we can't spell on a consistent basis? I can't spell "exercise" & "definitely" to save my life!

    ReplyDelete