Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Forty for 40 soundtrack

I almost forgot...my friend Kim requested that I post the songs on my Forty for 40 playlist...songs mainly suggested by my friends; songs by artists I'd never heard of three months ago, or songs I haven't listened to in a LONG time.

"All the Pretty Girls"--Fun.
"Should be Loved"--Blue October
"Superwoman"--Alicia Keys
"Empire State of Mind"-Jay-Z
"Underwater"--Midnight Oil
"Don't Wait too Long"--Madeleine Peyroux
"What Will They Write On Your Stone"--The Brilliant Mistakes
"Alejandro"--Lady GaGa
"Such Great Heights"--The Postal Service
"U + UR Hand"--Pink
"Somewhere Trouble Don't Go"--The Gibson Brothers
'Diablo Rojo"--Rodrigo y Gabriela
"Physical"--Olivia Newton John
"I Wish For"-Bai Kamara
"Love Drunk"--Boys Like Girls
"Hold Me Down"--Gin Blossoms
"Meteor Shower"--Owl City
"Better Things"--Dar Williams
"Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)"--Jay-Z, Bono, The Egde, Rihanna
"Viva la Vida"--Coldplay
"My Generation"--The Who
"You Gotta Believe"--The Rocket Summer
"Zanzibar"--Billy Joel

I should also give a special shout-out to Kim for making me an entire compilation, which I affectionately refer to as "Ff40 II: It's Only a Number". Kim---your songs are my go-to workout tunes!! I go for a FIVE and think of you :)

And another thank you to Dana for providing me several CDs of some of her favorites, which I love!

Enjoy! If you have any songs to suggest, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen! I must admit, reading your list...I only recognize 5 of the songs. I think I'm out of touch or something! lol
    Maybe you can bring me a CD when you come to KTM to visit next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my suggestion- The Brilliant Mistakes - made your top 40. Just like Casey Kasum...america's top forty!

    ReplyDelete